Saturday, June 30, 2012

What Not to Order at Bristol Cafe

After mass this afternoon, I stopped by Bristol Cafe (Bristol Farms) to pick up a sandwich for dinner. With all my unhealthy eating the past few days, I thought I would order something healthy. I decided on the Veggie sandwich. I imagined roasted vegetables. I didn't read the description. Caution: always read the fine print. It came with a soup or salad and when the cashier mentioned bacon and potato, I rudely interrupted and said: "I'll have that."



Got my order and went home. Opened the bag and stared at the unappetizing sandwich. It had raw vegetables: cucumber, onions, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and cheese. This was served on soft wheat bread (not toasted). It was hard to eat as it fell apart, the bread got all  holey (not holy) practically disintegrated. It was too soft a bread for all the fillings. I can tell you that I did not enjoy this sandwich.

The soup, which was thick and did look good, was also a disappointment. I can't really explain why it was not good....it just wasn't. In spite of the bacon, it did lack flavor.

Moral of this story: Forget the "healthy". Don't deprive yourself...just don't eat too much.  Let's leave the vegetables to the rabbits.

No comments:

Post a Comment