Sunday, June 3, 2012

Red Fish Grill in New Orleans

Red Fish Grill in the French Quarter on Bourbon Street, Louisiana is a must for anyone that visits New Orleans. They are open for lunch and dinner.  If you are an oyster lover you will experience something very exciting.  If you don't like oysters or have never had oysters, this is a guaranteed "love at first bite."


My friend Jody told me about their signature BBQ Oysters about 10 years ago. I didn't even like oysters then. After I had them, it really was a love affair. I could not get my mind off them. I always said I would go to New Orleans just for those. They are flash fried with BBQ sauce but not what you imagine BBQ sauce to be. So even if you don't like BBQ sauce, you will like this one. It is served with a blue cheese dressing. My friend Sandi has never had oysters before. When our server Franklin, who was really into the menu as far as describing the items, asked me if I wanted the 6 or the 12 pieces, I was hesitant in ordering the 12 in case Sandi would not like it. Then I figured I have to live dangerously once in a while, so I ordered the 12 pieces.  When it came we devoured the 12 pieces.  Sandi not only liked it but loved it.  This was an OMG moment!


We thought we would eat light since we had dinner reservations at Commander's Palace that evening.  We split a BBQ  Shrimp Po Boy. Crispy fried Louisiana shrimp tossed in a peppery butter sauce with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion served with Creole potato salad. It was a good introduction to Po Boy.

We were stuffed but since Franklin proceeded to describe their double chocolate bread pudding with white and dark chocolate sauces and a chocolate almond bark, we thought we better not hurt his feelings (yeah right!).  Oh, momma! What a rich and wonderful dessert. Another dessert not to be missed.


My only wish is for Red Fish Grill to open a branch in Los Angeles. It does not even matter which city. The drive will be worth the expensive gasoline!

1 comment:

  1. Franklin is my son, I will soon be in new orleans to see if he is living up to your terrific post about him and the food. I raised him to be a foodie and extra polite. I can see he is doing well. Thanks, I will be back with my own post in a few days. Mama Susie

    ReplyDelete