Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Bamboo Garden - Best Tempura To Go

They say they have the best tempura to go.  My friend Ana told me to try it as it is really one of the best tempura she has had. I wanted to see if my friendship with Ana was about to end.... I tried it this evening.

I am happy to report, I can still call Ana my friend.  It really was very good. The batter was very light, not greasy, and just plain delicious. I ordered the assorted tempura which included 2 shrimps and 4 pieces of vegetables. Rice did not come with it so I ordered rice in addition. What is tempura without rice...it's like french fries without ketchup!



My only problem is when I finished the whole thing, I was still hungry. This is a perfect meal if you are on a diet which I am sort of am at the momemt.  The lightness of everything took awhile to reach my digestive system that I had to make myself  a salami and prosciutto sandwich on sour dough. Then and only then was I happy.

Bamboo Garden is located at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance and another location at Cravens Ave. also in Torrance. So, the next time you crave tempura, this is the place to go, but maybe order some noodles before. They have a wide variety of soba and udon.

No comments:

Post a Comment