Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Aimee's Bistro

Aimee's Bistro in Redondo Beach, California is a little gem in the South Bay area.  Since the closing of the famous and oldest French restaurant, Chalet de France, there has been no other descent French restaurant to replace it.

Aimee's Bistro has been in business for 17 years.  It has been many years since my last visit....bless me father...for I have sinned.  I am happy to report that my visit with a friend was well worth the $29.95 for a 3 course dinner.  They offer this menu on Tuesday ,Wednesday and Thursday. This includes Aimee's salad, Filet Mignon and a Creme Brulee.



They also have a 4 course dinner for $19.95 on Sunday & Tuesday thru Thursday from 5 p.m. till closing. This includes Soup du jour, Aimee's Salad, choice of Entree listed on the menu and Banana Mousse Napoleon served w/ vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. My friend and I are already planned our next dinner next week!



They served a warm bread to start with an eggplant dip. I did not particularly care for it as it was sour. I like my dips either salty or sweet but not sour.  It was o.k. since they had some olive oil on the side; so the oil saved my bread.  Aimee's salad not only looked good; it was good ...it had a lot of pine nuts and Gorgonzola cheese. I added a bit of olive oil to my to my salad as not all my greens were bathed with the dressing. This was a good portion; my friend and I both cleared our plates.



The filet came and we both just wanted to stare at it as it looked so pretty; too pretty to eat. These steaks were cooked to perfection. They were tender and juicy with a bordelaise wine and Roquefort cheese sauce with mushrooms. What a nice combination!



Dessert was Creme Brulee. I happen to like my creme brulee burnt so I asked them if they could fire it up more which they did, and our server was happy to do so. It was delicious as it was not too sweet. In fact, it was perfect!



Aimee, the owner, was present as she has been since the opening of her restaurant  tending to her customers like a mother making sure her children have enough to eat. She is indeed the perfect hostess and my kind of mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment