Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hamburger with WHAT?????

Once again, my friend Jody the hairdresser told me about the hamburger that sounded disgusting....this was from the food truck called El Burger Luchador. The burger comes with bacon in it and are you ready.......peanut butter and jelly!  I admit that when Jody told me about it, I had the same expression in my face I'm sure you have right now.   In my book, Jody has been right 99% of the time, so I decided to put my faith in her hands once again even if  I normally don't even like peanut butter.


The reason she told me this was another friend of mine and I were going to Narbonne High School in Lomita for the gourmet food trucks. They were going to be there at 5:30 p.m.  We were there at 5:10 p.m. and since we were early, we were able to walk around and plan our angle of attack.

We had to strategize; I stood in line to get something while my friend would get something else from another truck. We started with the "Just for the Halibut" truck. We got the catfish sandwich and the dirty fries. They were both good; the fries was even better when we dipped it in a combination of ketchup and the tartar sauce.


After the healthy fish, we were ready to tackle the burger. We took one bite and we both thought...Ahhhmazing! Who would have thought peanut butter and jelly with bacon on a burger? I admit, the meat was no where near kobe beef but with all those flavors, who needs kobe?


After we devoured the burger,  I thought I should check out the "White Rabbit" food truck that serves Filipino food. The had the adobo but their specialty was Pork Sisig which is fried pork belly chopped and pan fried w/onions and jalapenos. So I ordered one to split. It came with 2 scoops of white rice. It was spicier that we expected. It was good but not exciting enough.  One thing caught my eye on menu and that was white chocolate champorado which is rice pudding with white chocolate and crunchy wafers on top.  Now, that was something to write home about.



We got excited when we saw "My Delight Cupcakery" They are the ones with unusual flavors like fried chicken, bacon, etc. which I have had in the past. This time, they didn't have the fried chicken (they only make those on Wednesdays) They did have the bacon ones called "breakfast cake". They also had a special flavor which was the Sundae Smile. This cupcake was a new discovery...chocolate with caramel inside. My only regret is I didn't have it till I got home....I should have bought several! A cupcake like this can make me smile any day of the week.

What a  wonderful way to end an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment