Friday, June 15, 2012

Bacon Sundae from Burger King

I haven't been to Burger King in probably 15 years.  Today, I had a good reason to go.....to check out the bacon ice cream sundae.  Sandi and I had the soft shell crab sandwich from the Standing Room in Redondo Beach with the truffle fries (I previously blogged about this wonderful hole in a liquor store) for dinner.

We still had time to kill before our Friday night dance party so I decided we needed to try this bacon ice cream. So our mission was to find a Burger King on the way to her house.  She knew exactly where to go. We drove through the the drive-thru....I panicked when we didn't see it on the menu. She asked the attendant if they had it and he said "Yes".  So she ordered 2. It looked good and we both decided to eat it at her house.  I took a picture of it while she was driving. As I stared at it, it seemed to put me in a hypnotic state as it spoke to me " Eat me now as I will be melting soon." Sandi gave me her blessing...and so I did.



It was very good. It had chocolate fudge on the top edges, caramel in the bottom and really crisp thick bacon on top.  You can make this is at home and make it even better by using salted caramel ice cream instead of just plain vanilla, and perhaps adding more bacon.

Enjoy your bacon; it isn't just for breakfast anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment