Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Black Beans and Rice

We can't all go to New Orleans and have their famous black beans and rice.  Since I was there recently, I had a craving for something that would remind me of the great food it had to offer.

Grilled some New York Steaks tonight and served it with steamed vegetables.  Instead of the usual baked or mashed potatoes, I decided to try the Black Beans and Rice made by Zatarain's which is available at most supermarkets.  I opted to cook it on the stove top rather than the microwave. I used less water (instead of 2 3/4 cup) I used 2 cups. It took longer than 25 minutes to cook, so towards the end, I took the lid off for the water to evaporate faster.




It was pretty good; and as a bonus...6 grams of fiber per serving.  How healthy can you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment