Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Chicken Maison

Went to Chicken Maison to pick up something for dinner.  You have a choice of 3 types of chicken: Maison original, Spicy-Lemon Garlic and Lemon Basil. The original I have had before and it was good but nothing special.  I wanted more flavor so I decided to get the spicy-lemon garlic whole chicken.  So, I got that to go and for $17.95 I thought it was reasonable since it came with 2 sides.



The sides they had were all healthy: steamed vegetables, hummus, grape leaves, baked potato, Greek coleslaw, green salad and Maison rice.  I had some left over rice and vegetables at home so I opted for the grape leaves. I asked her if their coleslaw was on the sour side and she said "no". At the same time, a customer said to me: "It's very good, not a lot of mayonnaise and it's the best coleslaw I've ever had." So, I immediately said: "Cole slaw."

I got home and heated my left over rice and vegetables. Then I served a chicken piece with the sides. The chicken had a little kick to it; not too spicy and quite delicious. The grape leaves were just o.k. The coleslaw was the worst coleslaw I've ever had. It was sour and tasteless.  It's as if they just chopped the cabbage and poured some vinegar on it. It sure was healthy as I did not consume any calories since I did not have more than a forkful.



They also serve falafel plates which I have not tried.  Chicken, steak, lamb and vegetable kabobs are in their menu.  I have had their chicken kabob which was not bad.  Their steak was a bit tough, at least when I had it in the past.

So if you go decide to try Chicken Maison, stick to their real specialty; which is chicken.

Moral of  this story: Never listen to suggestions of a perfect stranger...unless the stranger happens to be me!

2 comments:

  1. It has several locations in Los Angeles: Torrance, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Gardena, Santa Ana.

    ReplyDelete