Tuesday, June 26, 2012

P.F.Chang's Shanghai Style Beef

Do you sometimes wonder what's good in the freezer section of your supermarket? I often wonder about the ready made meals for 2.  All you have to do is heat it up.

Today, as I walked the aisle of the freezer section, I happened to glance at the P.F. Chang's Shanghai Beef. It looked good and it was on sale. I decided to get to bags.
I was never a fan  of the restaurant but I thought I would give the frozen entree a chance. It can't be that bad....



I got home and decided to cook some rice. As soon as the rice was done, I heated the 2 bags which took at total of 13 minutes.  It looked good as you can see.



The meat was not consistant. Some were tender and some stringy. The sauce was sweet, though it lacked flavor. It was as if they didn't know what to do with the sauce so they just decided to add more sugar.

I would definitely not buy this ever again.  Now I know why I never got the urge to go back to the restaurant.

2 comments:

  1. How can you say their lettuce wraps aren't good? I do agree that most frozen meals are horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.K. I admit...their lettuce wraps are good but that is the only thing I remember about P.F. Chang's. One item is not enough for me to want to go back unless it is something really spectacular; and spectacular it ain't.

    ReplyDelete