Friday, March 1, 2013

Best Boeuf Bourguignon in Beverly Hills

Hold your horses.......before you get excited!  The best Boeuf Bourguignon is still on it's way....but will soon be at the L'Amande Bakery in Beverly Hills.

I was lucky enough to be a guinea pig and try the boeuf bourguignon which Ana & Gonz are planning to have in their bakery which will open sometime this year.

Before the main dish, we were served a nice salad; a foreplay of what was to come.


The plates came individually, served by non other than the owner and executive chef, Ana.  All I can say is it was the best I have ever had.  She chose to serve it on pasta which was cooked to perfection (aldente) and that's a big plus considering this is not an Italian restaurant. The meat was ever so tender that I really should have used my spoon because as soon it came in contact with my fork, it just fell apart.  The pasta of course was a perfect accompaniment as it absorbed the wonderful sauce that had bacon, cognac, wine, carrots and sweet pearl onions. What the pasta did not absorb, the French bread did!


She gave us all a "to go" container for our left overs as they were big portions. Needless to say, I didn't get to touch my container. I ate the whole thing! She warned us to leave room for dessert.  I ignored that warning.  Dessert was chocolate mousse which I have had before; pure delight with an orange flavor. My husband Otto ate half of it. Luckily there was another dessert that I absolutely went crazy over.  It was a Caramel Napoleon.  I don't have a picture of it but decided this needs a blog of  it's own.  The good news is they will be selling these Napoleons this coming weekend (March 2,3,2013) and some other weekends at the current L'Amande Bakery in Torrance. You have not lived till you try these very flaky, crispy and just plain wonderful Caramel Napoleons.


In the meantime, we all have to sacrifice and wait (after all it's Lent) to get a taste of the Boeuf Bourguignon when it makes it's grand opening at the L'Amande Bakery in Beverly Hills. You can all join me in prayer that they open sooner than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment