Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spaghetti ala Rao's

This is the easiest spaghetti to make. The first step is to buy a bottled Rao's Homemade Puttanesca Sauce which is sold in most supermarkets and Cost Plus World Market.  Puttanesca has capers, olives and anchovies. I included a small can of chopped olives to the sauce and heated it. I added a bit of cream to make it thicker.


I then cooked 4 servings of spaghetti in my "pasta boat" (a lot less time than recommended) just enough time to make it aldente. Served the spaghetti on plates which I microwaved for a minute to keep the food warm. I put enough sauce to cover most of the spaghetti and added some parmesan.


The spaghetti was better than expected. It had a lot of flavor with the anchovies and olives; the extra olives added a lot more texture to the sauce. I served this with a salad I made with candied pecans, roasted edamame, dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes, and some blue cheese. The dressing was just course salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.


I should have saved this for Friday since we are still in the Lenten season.

No comments:

Post a Comment