Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Roasted Asparagus with Lemony Bread Crumbs

This recipe from Food and Wine magazine is one of the best asparagus recipes I've ever had.  It calls for anchovies; some people don't care for it but if they are not allergic to it, I bet they will be unable to detect its presence. I cut them into little slices and it practically dissolves in the olive oil. I have included the link to the recipe below:
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/roasted-asparagus-with-lemony-bread-crumbs



This was to be my main experiment. The entree was secondary. I knew I had to make something to go with it so I went to Sprouts market and got some chicken breast which I cut in bite size pieces. I also bought an envelope of Sukhi's Tikka Masala Curry Sauce. The directions were easy enough. You place the chicken pieces on a medium saucepan and add the sauce and water, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.  At the end, it calls for 1/4 cup of whipping cream but I added 1/2 cup.  With all that sauce I knew it needed something starchy to absorb the extra sauce so I prepared the 5 minute Couscous you get in a box.



The end result was very good; the chicken masala was not quite what I get at my favorite Indian restaurant Ocean Tava, but this was a good substitute. The asparagus was outstanding, especially when you added a mound of the crunchy lemony, salty topping.



I can think of other ways to use this great topping....on top of any roasted vegetables, baked potato, even as a sauce to a pasta cooked with truffle oil....possibilies are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment