Saturday, March 9, 2013

Damon's Steak House

Zagat describes this 75 year old tiki bar and Polynesian themed steakhouse in Glendale, California as a restaurant that delivers "good" cuts (steak) and strong Mai- tais. I wouldn't know and can't confirm as I didn't get to try the steak as it was a Friday in Lent. 

There were 4 of us that dined there last night. You may wonder how we ended up at a steakhouse?  The answer is that we had tickets next door to see the play "Crazy for You".
The person who suggested the steakhouse did order a big chunk of prime rib. Two of us catholics tried to dissuade him to order something else. The friend who shall remain anonymous, ignored our suggestion. Bless him Father, for he really has sinned.

Konnee ordered the fried oysters for an appetizer which was quite good with whatever dip it came with. We all had the family style salad which also was good with a lot of crunchy stuff in it. I did recognize the celery in there. The rest was a mystery to me.



Konnee ordered the Tagliolini Seafood Pasta. I managed to try it and did like it though it was not aldente.  My husband (not catholic) ordered the Chicken Tenders and I had the Grilled Mahi-Mahi which came with the twice baked potato.



Though we were all full, we managed to order 2 desserts. One was your typical "Mud Pie" which was coffee ice cream with oreo cookie crust. The other one was called "Moon Pie" It is a cookie with ice cream and marshmallow cream, then fried and served with more ice cream and caramel sauce. This was surprisingly good.




Damon's Steakhouse is not what I would call "gourmet" dining but it is well worth your time to visit this landmark where you can still get steak for a reasonable price and  partake in this lively atmosphere with a friendly staff.

Funny, I did take a picture of the "sinful" steak but when I checked my picture gallery on my phone this morning,....it had VANISHED.....again, I pray "Bless him Father for he has sinned."

No comments:

Post a Comment