Monday, March 25, 2013

Parmesan Chicken Cutlets

I got this recipe from the Bon Appetit Test Kitchen. I decided to make it this evening for dinner. Here's the link to the recipe: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2013/03/parmesan-chicken-cutlets

It seemed fairly simple. When I glanced at the ingredients, I was happy to realize that I had all the ingredients.  So I proceeded to prepare the eggs, parmesan, panko; then I discovered that I did not have mustard powder! I saw the word mustard but didn't see "powder".  As I looked at my disorganized pantry, the only powder I found was chili powder....so I sprinkled some of the chili powder (not much).


I am happy to report that the cutlets turned out pretty good.  I squeezed some lemon on it which made it even better. Served it with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice which was a perfect side dish since it took only a total of 10 minutes to prepare.


Moral of the story:  Read your recipe carefully; if you lack an ingredient....improvise....then pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment