Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Good Old El Torito Grill

Last Friday, we found ourselves looking for another place to eat wherein we could order something other than meat as we are currently still in the Lenten season.
We ended up at El Torito Grill in Torrance.

My friend has never had their famous Fire Roasted Tomato Soup. This is something not to be missed.  I couldn't talk her into ordering it as she didn't like tomato soup.  I think she imagined it to be a boring soup tasting like tomatoes; almost like a watered down tomato sauce. I ordered a cup and I was determined to have her try some.
She absolutely loved it! The soup is a bit spicy and creamy and just yummy as I have said in my previous blog. This combined with their (all you can eat) homemade tortillas with honey butter would be a nice lunch. This was dinner though, so I ordered another specialty, which was the Tableside Romaine Salad. This salad used to be served as a big chunk of Romaine, but now, it is served tableside and our server, Tadeo eagerly and enthusiastically cut the big chunk of lettuce and mixed it with some tortilla crunch, roasted pepitas, cotija cheese their housemade creamy cilantro-pepita dressing. It was just as good as when I used to order it all the time in the early 90's.




For our entree, we ordered the sea bass with rice and vegetables. The sea bass was nice and fresh; quite edible. We could have had dessert but we did a good job in restraining ourselves.  We thought a little sacrifice was in order before the Lenten season comes to an end.


El Torito Grill has a nice Sunday brunch and Happy Hour on weekdays. Check out their website:  http://www.etgrill.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment