Monday, February 25, 2013

Oscar Party

I had an Oscar Party last night and 3 of my friends came along with food of course, as that was the entrance fee. 

Cindy brought hors d' oeuvres: Hot Smoked Gouda Dip and a Parsley Scallion Hummus both from Whole Foods. Both dips were very good. She also brought a Rosemary Toscano Cheese from Trader Joe's.




Sujata brought Samosas which she made. For those of you who don't know what they are; Samosa is an Indian appetizer made of potatoes and peas and rolled in a dough then deep fried.  She had 2 sauces that went with it, a mint sauce and date sauce which was a bit sweet and spicy. She also brought some Vodka Jello Shots!  Those were really strong.



I wanted them to try the Blueberry Pesto Pizza I recently blogged about so that is what I made. I had planned to make a salad but they all objected to that as everyone was so full from the appetizers.


For dessert, Sandi brought her homemade Blueberry Sour Cream Pie and White Chocolate Lime with Graham Cracker Crust and strawberries on top. Both were outstanding.




No one left hungry. Everyone was happy except for the fact that Jennifer Lawrence won best actress. She was good but surely she was not the best, and why may I ask did Mrs. Obama have to present best movie....what does she have to do with the movie business....the answer is I guess obvious......Hollywood equals democrats; need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment