Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Another Birthday at Lawry's

Yet another birthday celebration at Lawry's.  It has been a long time since my friend Mary and I have shared the good old prime rib at Lawry's. 
I have blogged about this restaurant a few times and I am pleased to report that it has not disappointed either of us.

Most of the servers have been there for at least 10 years, some even 50 years according to Ms. Duke, my favorite server. I first met Ms. Duke a year ago.  She is vivacious and just a lot of fun. When I made my reservation for last night's dinner, I had requested to be seated at her station. It was nice for them to honor my request.


I wanted Mary to try their shrimp cocktail so we shared one order. Then it was time to order our cut of meat.  I had the English Cut, the thin slices and Mary had the Lawry's Cut which is a thicker cut. It was her birthday so she deserved a big one!
We both had the creamed corn. Who could ever resist the creamed corn? Ms. Duke even gave us the recipe.  Mashed potatoes and Yorkshire pudding absorbed all the aus jus.  Just writing about it is making me hungry all over again. Not to worry as I ended up leaving a good piece to take home.  I requested more aus jus and creamed horseradish which they happily included in my bag. Mary could not finish her chunk of meat which disappointed me because Mary, skinny as can be could always eat a big piece of meat in one seating. I remember her finishing a rib-eye at Ruths Chris. It is unfortunate that I can't include a picture of Mary as she didn't want it on my blog as she is due for a hair cut and color today....I have to honor her wishes only because it was her birthday!



For dessert, Ms. Duke and the Dukettes came over to sing "Happy Birthday" to Mary and brought her a slice of their famous English Trifle.

After finishing our bottle of wine, we were so relaxed, happy and very full. We really should have had Ms. Duke join us; it's as if we have known her a long time. Till our next venture at Lawry's......Happy Birthday Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment