Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poached Salmon at Cafe Cego's

If you have never had the poached salmon at Cafe Cegos's in Rolling Hills Estates, it is time you make a trip as it will be worth your while.  I had forgotten how good it was till yesterday when I thought I should eat healthy for a change.

It is normally served with cucumber salad but since I didn't want to overdo the "healthy", I opted for the Rosti potato which is fried and went very well with the ever so tender poached salmon cooked to perfection. This came with a green chili sauce which was creamy and yummy on the salmon.



When I was in Paris a few years ago, my brother and I went to the famous restaurant, Fouquet's at Champ-Elysees.  I ordered their poached salmon which I expected to be much better than the one I had in Rolling Hills.  Boy was I very disappointed. It was not half as good!

So when you get a chance in the very near future, stop by Cafe Cego's at 777 Deep Valley Rd. in Rolling Hills Estates. Tell them, Karina sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment