Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dominique's Chicken

I had to find out what the big deal was on Dominique's Roasted Chicken. The article I read about this intimate restaurant in Redondo Beach pointed out that they often run out of the special chicken.  What can be so special with chicken?  I hardly order chicken when I go out; it usually is the cheapest item on the menu and is often plain tasting.

This was our second trip to Dominique's. I came back to try the also famous Lobster Bisque which they didn't have this particular evening. Oh well, another reason to go back. Instead, we all decided on the organic salad for just $1.00 if ordered with an entree. Two of us had the chicken and the other ordered the Lamb which we've had before and was just delicious. The chicken arrived and we all gasped as we didn't expect it to be a large portion. It was half a chicken and it came with what looked like a pound of  garlic french fries. It was the crispiest chicken skin we've ever had and the meat was juicy, tender and plain delicious.  Dominique came by to check on us and asked if we would like some "Au Jus", to which Cindy and I said "Yes, please". That made the chicken even more delicious if you can imagine...plus I had him spoon some over on my french fries.....I would never have my fries and chicken again without the "Au Jus"! This wonderful chicken dish was $ 13.95 and was really enough for 2 meals!



It was time for dessert. I wanted to try other desserts aside from the Floating Island we've had and loved.  We got 3 desserts to share: the Panna Cotta with Berry Compote, Dark Chocolate Mousse and the Passion Fruit Creme Brulee. Sandi and I thought the Passion Fruit Creme Brulee was the best; after sending it back to burn the top a bit more. (That's a big factor in making a good creme brulee). The passion fruit flavor made it different from other creme brulees. It gave it it's own personality.
The Chocolate Mousse was dark enough and sure to please chocolate mousse lovers.  The Panna Cotta with the Berry Compote was  Cindy's favorite. It was very light as it jiggled like jello with the nice compote. Another reason to go back is to try the last dessert I haven't had...the Caramelized Lemon Tart.





Dominique's Kitchen is located at  522 S. Pacific Coast Hwy., in Redondo Beach, CA.
To Chef Dominique:  I say "a la prochaine".

No comments:

Post a Comment