Friday, February 8, 2013

Sultana at L'Amande Bakery

Have you ever had the Sultana at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance? It is loaded with raisins and is crispy outside and flaky throughout.  I don't consider myself a "raisin lover" like my brother, but I am totally hooked on this one.


I've always found it to me moist inside; never dry.  I just discovered today that it has a very thin layer of custard inside. That is the secret....well, it's no longer a secret!



To get the maximum benefit, you really have to pull it apart and dissect it which will contribute to your eating pleasure.  I think that eating it with a fork and knife or just biting into it takes away from the experience.



The nice thing about pulling it apart is you get to see the plump raisins all over, and raisins you get till the very center and till your last bite.



Get there at 8:00 a.m. or shortly after when you can get them just out of the oven. Trust me, it really taste as good as it looks!

1 comment:

  1. ohh.mais c'est une recette belge ça !!!!
    hummm les baulus....
    http://aufildesjoursdansmacuisine.over-blog.com/article-25878382.html
    par exemple ....

    ReplyDelete