Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Capicola's Gourmet Sandwich

Last Friday my friend and I could not decide where to grab a bite to eat for something light.  It was suggested that we try Capicola's Sandwich Co. at 3160 Pacific Coast Hwy. in Torrance, California.

We were overwhelmed by the menu. There were more people behind the counter than the dining room.  It looked a bit chaotic and disorganized. They had pastries that looked very good. They had soups, salads and of course, sandwiches . We ordered the Tomato Bisque Soup and the Chicken with Rice Soup.  They serve their soups on a "to go" carton like the ones you get at the supermarkets. The tomato soup was very salty and I do like salty but I ended up just having maybe 4 tablespoons of it. The chicken had a few pieces of chicken and hardly any rice.




The sandwich we ordered was the GTS-800 Panino (sounds like a new model of a car) which had goat cheese, turkey, spinach, caramelized onions and peppers....though the peppers were invisible. The meat was good and so were the onions and cheese but somehow, the execution was not there. One thing that bothered me was when I was chewing on the sandwich , I hurt the roof of my mouth several times. Was it the bread? I don't really know. I just know I kept saying: "Ouch".   We were both disappointed that even if the desserts were tempting in the beginning, we lost faith and thought that if our sandwich and soups were not good, the desserts may just be all looks.





I may go back to try the desserts but not anytime soon; maybe I'll wait till one of my friends go and try them...let Mikey try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment