Saturday, February 16, 2013

Waffle Breakfast Sandwich

I am sure you have all received coupons from Jack in the Box on their fairly new Waffle Breakfast Sandwich.  Last week, after my workout at the 24 Hour Fitness, I thought it would be a good idea to check out the two for one Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. It was convenient as I didn't even have to get out of my car; just went through the "drive-thru" and placed my order.

When I got home, my husband had just made a full pot of coffee as I announced I had breakfast for us.  This was not his type of breakfast but when I told him it cost me $3.05 for both, he changed his tune.  The sandwich has a fried egg, American cheese,  and sausage patty between 2 lightly sweetened maple waffles. I took my first bite and thought it was good but lacked something.  That something was a bit of good maple syrup.  I drizzled some on top of the waffle and that made it perfect!



This is not a replacement for the many other croissants, omelets, or croque madame's you could get at the nearby L'Amande Bakery, but once in awhile its good to experiment on something inferior (for lack of a better word).

The good news is this sandwich has 18 grams of protein and 1 gram of fiber (better than nothing). Now for the bad news: 470 calories, 33 grams of fat, 269 grams of cholesterol!  I didn't know this at the time or I would have doubled my dose on Lipitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment