Monday, April 11, 2016

Post Cabbage Diet

I thought I would be good and have a bowl of Cream of Wheat for breakfast today. I happened to glance at the sugar content of 1 envelope and it read 13 grams. I then looked at the package of a Banana English Muffin and it only had 8 grams of sugar. I proceeded to toast one (a pair) and I got the butter out. Again I looked at the calories and compared it to the cream cheese. The cream cheese won; so that's what ended up on my muffin. It was so nice to be able to have a cup of strong coffee. No more tea for me.


Sandi made a healthy lunch. Orzo salad that looked and tasted healthy. She mentioned that the recipe called for raisins. Oh yes....that's what it needed since it was a bit sour. She dug into her pantry and found craisins. That made it taste better.


Our Italian teacher, Sara was to arrive at 3:15 p.m. for our weekly Italian lessons. Before she got to Sandi's house I placed an order to pick up some food. I thought it would be nice to celebrate our end-of-diet week with Chinese food and Champagne. I was very careful on what I ordered. Peking duck, Gen.Tsao's Chicken, Sauteed Shrimps and A1 Crispy Noodles. It was very hard not to order Fried Rice especially since we had the horrible brown rice last night which tasted like shredded cardboard. The food smelled  so good as we unpacked the bag. We had a bite of this and that before Sara got there. We had to wait till after our lesson to have our dinner. Sandi was so good that she didn't even want any champagne. Only Piero and I drank.


Dessert was the Lemon Bread I baked yesterday. It was still good. We had it with a tiny spritz of whipped cream.


It was nice to be able to eat like a normal human being again. Though we did lose some weight; Sandi lost 8 lbs. and I lost 6 lbs. and an inch from my waist, we both decided we would never go on this diet again. It was too traumatic, so we just have to try and eat sensibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment