Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Cabbage Soup Diet - Day Two

Day 2 is Vegetables Day. We could eat until stuffed with all the fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of our choice. It also states to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. We could also eat the vegetables along with the soup, and at dinner we were to reward ourselves with a big baked potato with butter. No fruits allowed.

The number one problem was what to have for breakfast. Sandi and I could not come up with anything. She decided to have some soup. I went to the market right after the gym this morning in search of vegetables I could eat. Most of them in the frozen section had a butter sauce which was not allowed. I ended up getting a bag of "Meal-Ready" California Style Vegetables; broccoli, cauliflower & carrots.


When I got home, I popped the bag in the microwave and ate 1/2 the package with green tea. The veggies were a bit sweet so it wasn't too bad. It was the thought of having veggies instead of pancakes or kouign amann or bacon and eggs that was hard to swallow.


Lunch was a bowl of cabbage soup. For dinner, I was in charge of buying the baked potato. It did say we were to reward ourselves with a BIG baked potato. I went to Ralph's Market in search of the biggest potato I could get my hands on. I must have spent a good 5 minutes trying to decide which potatoes were the biggest. I got to Sandi's house and she had made some steamed vegetables (yay...more veggies) plus she had some spinach since it did mention leafy vegetables. She just put them in a non stick pan and covered it. She accidentally burnt the spinach a bit; this was a blessing in disguise since it brought out a little bitterness which tasted good to us.  We were allowed to use butter with our baked potatoes. We both had our own stick of butter next to our potatoes. I thought that was funny. We didn't use the whole stick, we did restrain ourselves.


Before the baked potato, our main entree, we had a bowl of the soup.  At the end of our meal we were both stuffed. Stuffed but we still craved for some dessert. In her refrigerator, she had some Macarons from 'Lette and the best Mochi from Japan. Believe it or not we did not give in to Satan who used to be a close friend.

We survived Day 2. Till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment