Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cabbage Soup Diet-Day Four

This is definitely the worst day of the diet. We are not allowed to have any fruits except for bananas. No vegetables nor baked potato. Of course, we are free to eat all the cabbage soup we please but please.........no more!

Sandi and I still went to the gym like good girls. We got to our respective homes to have a cut up banana with skim milk. We are supposed to drink as many glasses of skim milk as we would like on this day. The big problem is we both do not like milk. I can have it with cereal and with sweetener. This milk was absolutely tasteless and the bananas did not share any of its sweetness to the liquid. I still had a lot of milk left so I cut another banana just so I could finish the milk on my bowl. In the meantime, I could smell my husband's rye bread toasting and that made me hungrier (and I don't even like rye bread).


Lunch was a bowl of cabbage soup. After the early lunch, Sandi picked me up and went to see a movie. It was hard to go watch a movie without our usual popcorn. Smelling the freshly popped corn made it more difficult. When the movie was done, we tried to kill time so we ended up at T.J. Maxx. Shopping was good therapy for an hour. We then headed to my house for dinner. My husband had mashed potatoes with pulled pork. The aroma of the pork almost killed us. Sandi and I had our bowl of soup.


Dessert was a banana with .......you guessed it....milk. Yuk! The only consolation is the thought of people in some parts of the world who do not have anything to eat and would be happy with a banana and milk; we should just shut up and be thankful.


We do thank the Lord; for tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment