Saturday, April 2, 2016

Mary Lou's Luncheon

Mary Lou invited 3 of her "dancing" friends over for lunch yesterday. She had made a Ham Quiche, a Mushroom Quiche, Cole Slaw and Marinated Oranges. We could tell she put a lot of work into everything. The quiches were super delicious as they were very light and airy. The cole slaw went well with both quiches.


The unusual item on the table was the sliced oranges. I had one bite and I thought this was the sweetest most wonderful orange I have ever had. It must have been picked directly from the Garden of Eden! Mary Lou revealed the secret; they were marinated in honey, lemon juice, ginger and orange rind overnight. We all were fascinated by these orange slices.


When we were all stuffed, she brought out individual ramekins with mixed berries and an oatmeal topping which were baked then topped with ice cream. I was to excited that I forgot to take a picture of her masterpiece.

Mary Lou was a great hostess. When I got home, all I could think of was my bed. It was time for a short nap. What a nice and pleasant way to spend and afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment