Saturday, April 2, 2016

Breakfast at Sandi's

Our "gym" group usually goes out for breakfast on Thursdays right after working out. We end up at IHOP, Pancake House or Norms. Sandi made an announcement a few weeks ago that she would like to make breakfast and invite us over at her house. We all accepted her invitation for Saturday morning.

I got there before Amy and Nako. I was shocked but not surprised that she elected to make a ton of things. She made her famous Jalapeno Egg Casserole, Turkey Sausages and baked some bacon. I brought Cheese rolls to go with that.


She didn't think the Casserole would be enough for the 4 of us so she made some Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberries. Even that was not enough so she baked some German Blueberry Kuchen. She had to have something healthy so she served a fruit salad. That was the only thing I ignored. My plate was full but I still ended up with a second serving of the casserole, bacon and pancakes.


The three of us agreed that her breakfast was much much much better than IHOP, Pancake House or Norms.....hint hint.


I was so stuffed that most of the day I suffered from "eater's remorse". I then suggested to Sandi that we go on a Cabbage Soup Diet for a week starting Monday. She agreed. So, I ask for your help and support by praying for us....it's not going to be easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment