Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Restoran Grappolo

After our wine tasting at Brkics (pronounced Burr-kitch) we walked to Restoran Grappolo in the Hotel Brotnjo (pronounced Brotnyo) in Medjugorje. We ordered the red wine we liked so much at Brkics.  We were all in a very good mood and hungry which is a good combination for a good meal.


Ryan ordered Prosciutto for appetizer. Maria had the Wienerschnitzel with fries. I ordered the Shrimp Risotto with a bowl of parmesan and I didn't even have to ask for it! The risotto was excellent and so were the shrimps. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I had to peel the shrimps which took away from my eating pleasure. Raymond was still in his "curry mood" so he ordered the Chicken Curry with rice. I had a bite of that and liked it a lot. Alma had the Green and White Tagliatelle with seafood. The flavor was good but the pasta was not quite aldente for me.



Since we were driving back to Banja Luka, a 5 hr. drive from Medjugorje, we had to order espresso which was the best one I ever had and we shared an order of a Chocolate Crepe with bananas.

Having a big lunch with wine may not have been a wise decision.  We took turns driving; falling asleep while driving was not an option as I drove the narrow winding roads as dare devil and stupid drivers cut me off on my driving shift. The beautiful scenery was awesome. Everything was so lush and green which was the opposite of drought stricken California.




No comments:

Post a Comment