Sunday, June 14, 2015

Farmshop

We were invited by our cousin Ramon for lunch at the Farmshop yesterday. That place is almost always very busy. Both Ramon and my brother Gary told us that they see Harrison Ford there at times with his wife and they both look very down to earth and normal.  The last time I was there years ago, there was no Harrison siting.


Sandi and I got there early so we made our rounds investigating the various cheeses, wine and gourmet items they sold. They also had a pastry area. In addition to this, Farmshop is a full restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night dishes. As were being seated, we saw a lot of French Toast being served. They were thick and some looked very good as they were dark, the way I like it. Some were pale; so consistency could be a problem. I already decided that we had to have that as part of our lunch. Before we could all decide on what to order, Ramon made a wise decision to order their gigantic sticky bun to share. We all agreed with him. The sticky bun not only looked good but was indeed very good. It was sticky as should be and the nuts were nice and fresh. The inside was moist and it even came with creme fraiche. Everyone enjoyed their quarter piece.


Ramon ordered the Mushroom Frittata with new crop potato, green onion and lettuce. I had a bite of that and it was good. My mom had the French Toast served with a vanilla bean curd. Sandi and I split a French toast order and the Pastrami and Eggs. The pastrami was crispy and it had Valdivia peas and tendrils, greens, pickled onion petals. The eggs were poached to perfection.This was absolutely delicious. This also came with Rye toast with salted butter. I normally do not like rye bread but I must admit, I enjoyed it. We both agreed we could order that again. The French toast was nice and thick but because of its thickness, the batter did not reach the inside so we concluded that it would be better to slice them thinner. Presentation wise, thick looks a lot better. Gary had the healthy entree; Albacore Tuna Salad with aioli, black olive tapenade with carrot cabbage raisin slaw. The raisin slaw got him all excited since he loves raisins.


We were all stuffed as usual. Though there was no Harrison or Calista siting, we did see Conan O'Brien come in with we assumed his wife. I did see him at another restaurant a few months ago. Maybe one of these days, before I get to be really old and gray, I will get to see Richard Gere.

Farmshop is open from 7 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday to Saturday and open till 9:00 on Sundays. They are located at 225 26th St. Suite 25 in Santa Monica.

1 comment:

  1. Both the French Toast and the Sticky Bun I could have eaten alone. When it comes to sweet I can handle it. Just ask Sandi, you all look great!

    ReplyDelete