Saturday, June 13, 2015

IHOP'S Fried Chicken and Waffle

My very good and old friend Di was in town. He drove all the way from Virginia in a motorcycle. He has been on this cross country trip for the last couple of weeks.  The only time he had free was for breakfast. I picked him up after my gym and physical therapy. He had a couple of hours so I thought I would take him to my favorite and the best bakery, L'Amande in Torrance. We arrived at the bakery only to find out they were closed! There was no electricity in the stores of the Rolling Hills Shopping Center. I was totally devastated.


We ended up going to IHOP, not too exciting. Di had the Avocado and Cheese Omelet and I just discovered something new (to me) on their menu. Fried Chicken and Waffle. I had to try their version. The chicken was all white meat, the waffle was the regular waffle they always had. It was good though I have had better ones. If you've never had this combination, this would be a good introduction to the dish.


Breakfast was not exciting especially when I was all looking forward to a Croque Madame or perhaps the Chocolate Croissant dipped in the thick French Chocolate at L'Amande. This was not about the food (uh huhhh), it was really all about catching up with a very dear, not so old friend even if we have known  each other since high school!


I hope to see him again with his wife next year when they decide to take a cross country trip back to California in a car this time. I look forward to him showing off his culinary talents; something I was not aware of.

No comments:

Post a Comment