Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Cafe Pacific

I have had numerous Sunday brunches and dinners at Cafe Pacific located at the Trump National Golf Club in Palos Verdes, but I have never had lunch. Today was the day to try it out while my mom is still here and might as well have my husband, son, Sandi who has never been and my husband's care giver. It turned out to be a beautiful day, in the low 70's, cumulus clouds, blue sky and the Pacific Ocean.


It was a late lunch so we had a lot of attention. Louis, the manager and Chef Jean Pierre came by our table and asked us how everything was; they thought we had just finished our lunch. I informed them that we had just ordered and we were waiting for our food. I ordered 2 orders of their famous and delicious Calamari. They really have that down pat. The calamari could not possibly be crispier and lighter. The spicy chili aioli (not too spicy) makes it more amazing. This went well with the champagne we ordered.


For our main lunch, my husband had the Turkey Pastrami Sandwich which had provolone cheese, dill pickles, dijonaisse on sour dough bread. His care giver had the Filet Mignon Tips Pasta; marinated tenderloin tips with rigatoni pasta, spinach, portobello mushrooms, garlic,shallots on red wine sauce. Erik decided on the Skirt Steak Salad with gorgonzola, candied pecans, watercress, Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, smoked bacon in a raspberry vinaigrette. He apparently enjoyed his salad. My mom ordered Trump's Famous Fish and Chips which was made with fresh cod. According to my mom, it was very good as the batter was very light and the fish quite succulent.


Sandi had the Blackened Chicken Linguini; linguini pasta with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms with a white wine garlic cream sauce.  I had a bite of that and it was good though it had a bit of a kick to it. You had to eat the chicken with the pasta to take away part of the kick. I thought of ordering the Marinated Tempura of Lobster. The lobster was marinated and fried to a golden brown crisp. It had cabbage, bell pepper served on  sweet coconut curry sauce. The lobster was wonderful; the tempura batter was so light and crispy. The veggies were good though I think I would have enjoyed it more with fried rice!


We were all to full to order dessert so we just called it a day. A note to Louis and Chef Jean Pierre: We loved everything and we had nothing to complain about! It was nice to see the both of you. Till then........


No comments:

Post a Comment