Saturday, January 11, 2014

Yellowtail from Mexico

Our friend's son Bryce went on his annual fishing trip to Mexico. This past week, we were lucky recipients of 2 big chunks of yellow tail.  I decided to cook and invite Sandi when my son called and asked if I there was food in the house and if I was planning to cook. It was his lucky day!

The 2 pieces of fish were thick enough to split in 2 so I got 4 pieces. I squeezed a lot of lemon juice on them, seasoned them with salt and pepper and found a bottle of ponzu sauce I bought but never used. I ended up just broiling them which turned out really good.


For sides, I had some baby potatoes which I previously boiled and fried in butter with salt, pepper and some black truffle oil. I also had some Brussels spouts which I roasted with olive oil and diced bacon. At the last 15 minutes of roasting, I added some fig balsamic vinegar.

It was a very good dinner if I may say so myself. Dessert was very simple. I made a Key Lime Pie on a chocolate crust. It was not "L'Amande quality" but it was a nice ending to our fish tale.


Thank you Bryce and may you catch even more fish next year!

1 comment: