Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pavillions Version of the Cronut

I ran in at Pavillions Market this afternoon to grab a loaf of Russian Rye for my husband. On my way to the checkout stand, something caught my eye at the bakery department. It looked like glazed donuts but were certainly taller. I looked at the label and it read: Donut Croissant Glazed There were 4 in the box and the price was great; $5.00 for four.


The first thing I thought of was; this is not going to have the croissant consistency since the box was closed. There was no way this was going to be crispy and flaky. As soon as I got home, I took one out and had a big bite.


Conclusion: Don't even give this a second glance when you see it at the market. It was too sweet. The layers were there but it was more like layers of thin bread. There was no hint of a croissant. This was a bigger, sweeter, airier over-sized glazed donut. Nothing more. Keep your $5.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment