Thursday, January 30, 2014

Bistro K

While in Laguna Beach last week, we ended up having dinner at an informal Italian restaurant called Bistro K.  It was located at a little strip mall and it looked like it had it's following judging by the people that seemed to know the owner.


My husband ordered the soup du jour which happened to be Minestrone and I had the Carrot soup. Both were very good though I liked mine better. It was a busy Thursday evening and our waiter, Moses was energetic and efficient as can be. We noticed that even if we was waiting on several tables, he somehow managed to take care of everyone.


For our entree, my husband had the Short Ribs which was served with mashed potatoes and broccoli. I opted for the Moqueca which was a Brazilian Fish cooked in a coconut milk stew with red peppers and cilantro jasmine rice. Otto liked his short ribs; I had a bite of it and it was tender and delicious. When I laid eyes on mine, I was surprised to see several shrimps! The fish was cooked to perfection and so were the shrimps. It had a bit of a kick to it which went well with the coconut milk and the rice to absorb all that sauce.



What surprised me was the owner, Tony who was present and went to the tables of his regular customers. Not once did he have eye contact with either of us nor approach our table to find out how we were doing. He almost reminded me of a horse with blinders since he was so focused on people he already knew. Moses, our waiter on the other hand was working his you know what....he was pleasant, made small talk and was the epitome of efficiency. He should be promoted to manager; cheers to Moses!

For dessert, Otto ordered the Chocolate Decadence of course....and I had the Tiramisu Baggata. The chocolate decadence was good and so was my Tiramisu. It was nice and very light.


Bistro K is located at 30100 Town Center Dr., Suite M in Laguna Niguel, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment