Friday, January 31, 2014

Sticky Walnut Buns

L'Amande Bakery in Torrance has always had these sticky walnut buns; usually in the vicinity of their famous Papillotes. I never really had the urge to even try them since they were small and didn't look like the large sticky buns I was accustomed to. Two weeks ago, I thought it was time to try it.


It was truly all about quality and not quantity. The crust is what makes these buns different from others. It was not bready and not to gooey but gooey enough with lots of walnuts and cinnamon. It is a perfect breakfast with a slice of your favorite cheese and a strong cup of coffee. May I suggest the proper way to eat this is not with a fork and knife nor bite them like a donut. You literally have to pull them apart and savor every bite.


I have grown accustomed to these buns and it really makes the day begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment