Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Lamb Loin Chops

I don't remember when the last time I cooked Lamb Loin Chops.  My friend Sandi invited me for an impromptu dinner last week.

The lamb turned out perfect. She marinated them in olive oil, kosher salt and crushed fresh rosemary in room temperature for about an hour or so. She cooked each side in olive oil or butter for about 3 minutes till brown.  She then put the pan in the oven for 15 minutes to make it well done. These lamb chops turned out perfect; though well done, it was still juicy, tender and very tasty. She served them with mashed carrots and parsnips (cooked like mashed potatoes) with a smidgen of sugar and a lot more than a smidgen of butter. She also made some stuffing to go along with everything and cooked some baby potatoes in butter.



I bought a trio of desserts from Chantilly Patisserie in Lomita; a lemon mousse, mango mousse and a white and milk chocolate mousse. They were all good but the mango mousse took the cake!


The nice thing about Sandi; she loves to cook and experiment. It's a perfect combination as I am her #1 honorary guinea pig.  Here's to many more experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment