Monday, January 27, 2014

A Treat at Dominique's Kitchen

I was treated for dinner tonight at Dominique's Kitchen. Upon arrival, Liza (Dominique's other half) told us about the new Caramelized Camemert Cheese appetizer which was drenched in honey, brandy and then flambeed at your table. We definitely had to try that! The other appetizer was one I have had in the past which was Fried Kale with Shaved Parmesan. Dominique came to personally light up the cheese. It was indeed deeelicious with the french bread that was served with it. We were afraid we would not be able to finish our entrees if we finished all of it so we had to pace ourselves. The Kale was also very nice; I guarantee that non-vegetable eaters would like this.....I think anything deep fried makes for an exciting dish.



The special for the evening was a Pork Filet Mignon which we ordered; with a port wine sauce served with mashed potatoes and carrots. It did satisfy our meat cravings for the evening. The other entree we split was the Linguine with Smoked Salmon. Sandi and I thought it might be a good idea to order some fish and since salmon is good for you, it was easy to make this decision. Of course, the pasta that came with the salmon was a bonus!



This might be a record breaking dinner as we really did not have room for dessert. That is so unusual especially for me. Oh well, there's always a next time. By the way, we did not finish our entree. My husband was the beneficiary of the tender pork, and I get to have some more of the smoked salmon linguine tomorrow for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment