Sunday, January 26, 2014

Truffle Season is Here Again

Locanda Positano is one of the participants in the dineLA in January 2014.  Since we have had a very good experience the last time I was there, I was able to persuade 2 more friends to have dinner there this past week.


For starters, three of my friends picked the Capesante Marie Monti which were 3 big fresh sea scallops pan seared served with sauteed shitaki and smoked bacon. I wanted to order the same thing but thought I should try something else since I was assured at least 1 scallop to try. I opted for the Carpaccio Di Manzo; all natural certified Piedimontese top round beef with arugola and parmesan cheese. I felt obligated to share some of mine since everyone was happy to share their scallops. Both these dishes were very good. The scallops were tender, juicy and filling. The carpaccio was lovely especially after I squeezed some lemon over it. The arugola went well with it. I must mention that before our starters, our stomachs were already cushioned with the fresh
bread they served with 3 kinds of olive oil; lemon, herb and jalapeno.



There were four choices for entrees.  We all ordered the Tagliatelle Al Tartufo Nero. Tagliatelle with a creamy parmesan sauce and shaved fresh black truffle. We could have ordered the Tartufo Bianco (white truffle) for an extra $45. This tagliatelle was delicious with the shaved black truffle but rich. I believe only 2 of us cleaned our plates since we kept thinking that this dish is not going to be the same heated in the microwave the following day.


Dessert choices were Sorbetto Al Limone, Tiramisu or Torta Della Nonna. We all wanted the Sorbetto Al Limone since it was light and seemed to be the best choice.  I thought I should order something different so I had the Tiramisu. Both were good though not outstanding.



For $45, this was a good deal however, I must tell you that both Sandi and I enjoyed our first visit better. The starter we had then was the best! We could have had it this time for $45 extra.
Here is the link of our previous visit: http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2013/09/locanda-positano.html

Locanda Positano is located at 4059 Lincoln Ave. Marina Del Rey in California.


No comments:

Post a Comment