Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Raffaello Ristorante

I might have been at this restaurant ages ago but couldn't really remember my experience. My friend Sandi has been there and remembers the food, especially the Osso buco as being very good.

We had a voucher from restaurant.com for $25 off so we thought this was a good opportunity to experiment.  It's an old restaurant but with the feel of "real" Italy. They first served us some Bruschetta with Roasted Red Peppers.  That was delicious, in fact I think I would have been very happy with a big plate of that with a couple of glasses of Chianti.


A green salad came with the entrees. It didn't look to appetizing but we both had a few bites as our mothers always told us to eat our vegetables.


We ordered the Fettuccine Tre Stelle which had shrimps, calamari and salmon in a pink cream sauce and the special for the evening was a Pork Osso Buco (instead of veal). The fettuccine was all right, however the calamari was not cooked right; it was like rubber. The nice thing was when I asked for Parmesan cheese, they gave me a full bowl of it and it's a good thing because the dish needed a LOT of it.



The Osso Buco was very tender but lacked flavor. I have to mention that we split both entrees and we both ended up taking some left overs home. I must say that they give you a ton of food. If you are really hungry, don't have a lot of money to spend on food and are craving Italian, then I recommend you go to Raffaello's. The service is good and you will leave the place with your tummy thanking you!


Raffaello Ristorante is located on 400 S. Pacific Ave. in San Pedro, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment