Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Penne, Shrimp & Mushrooms with Artichoke Marinara Sauce

Here's a very easy recipe I made up with ingredients I already had except for the shrimps and mushrooms.

I started out with some shallots which I sliced thinly and sauteed in butter and olive oil.
I then added a tub of  chopped mixed mushrooms. I had some rosemary and thyme; so in they went.  Before I tossed in a bag of uncooked shrimps, I poured some Mirin  (sweet rice wine) in the pan and seasoned everything with salt and pepper.



I had already cooked a box of tri-colored penne in my pasta boat, so all I had to do was dump the pasta into the pan. At that point, I wasn't sure what else I would do. I tried it and though it was good, it needed a lot more flavor, so I opened a bottle of Artichoke Parmesan Marinara and poured it all over the pasta. I allowed it to simmer for a few minutes and the end result was quite pleasing to me and my husband.



You could use any bottled pasta sauce. I like to experiment and use different kinds. World Market (Cost Plus) have a variety of Italian made sauces.

No comments:

Post a Comment