Monday, January 28, 2013

Domino's Artisan Pizza

I have not had Domino's Pizza in a decade.  With all the gourmet pizza's around, I never had a chance to crave the cheesy, tomatoeeey pizza I used to like (believe it or not).

Yesterday, we were supposed to have dinner with some relatives but they had change in plans at the last minute.  What to do.....too late to cook and I had gotten a flyer in the mail on Domino's Homemade Pan Pizza and Artisan Pizza.  Both my husband and I like thin crust; but Domino's thin crust is so thin and crispy that I don't get to enjoy the flavor of whatever is on top as it is way to crispy and snappy.

I had my husband pick one of the Artisan Pizzas. They had Chicken & Bacon Carbonara, Spinach and Feta, Italian Sausage & Italian Trio, Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie, and so on....... He picked the Tuscan Salami & Roasted Veggie. Instead of delivery, he opted to pick it up at our nearby Domino's.

The pizza came in a rectangular box. It was thin enough and looked like it was just enough for two.  It had a lot of salami, fresh spinach, fresh onions, roasted red peppers, banana peppers and oregano all over a garlic Parmesan sauce.  I ended up inhaling 4 1/2 pieces and Otto had 3 1/2.  We were quite surprised as it was not bad at all. Next time, I might make a salad to go with it. I am anxious to try the Chicken and Bacon Carbonara sometime soon.




In the meantime, if you have snubbed Domino's like I have, it is time to get off your high horse and give them a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment