Sunday, January 20, 2013

Looking For Mango Tart

Look no further.  L'Amande Bakery has done it again. Yet another new tart....this time it's Mango. If you love mango, I guarantee you will love, love, love this tart.
You just have to try it and I am confident you will agree.




Today was a wonderful day.  We started out going at Little Tokyo for a bacon donut run at Cafe Dulce in downtown Los Angeles.  We had the donuts fresh out of the oven with the green tea donut, also out of the oven.  If you haven't read my blogs on the these donuts, you can google: Cafe Dulce solittlethyme.

Because of all the sugar we had I thought it would be good to eat light at dinner. So when I picked up the Mango tart, I saw the Mediterranean Quiche which looked good and light enough. I bought 2 of those.  At 5:00 p.m. I was ready to prepare the quiche. Preparation was easy. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and popped them in for about 8 minutes. The quiche was very tasty. It had roasted bell peppers, eggplant, onions, olives, garlic and feta cheese.  It went well with my salad with fig dressing.  It was a perfect light dinner.



The Mango tart is only available on weekends and not all weekends. They usually rotate the tarts from apple, pear, plum and now mango. It all depends on what fresh fruit they get.  You can call ahead to find out what tart they will be making for the weekend. L'Amande Bakery is located at the Rolling Hills Plaza in Torrance, California.

I do feel guilty as I may have overdosed on  sweets today....what else is new...Oh well, not to worry as I will be at the gym by 6:00 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment