Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cuppies

I heard about a cupcake store that opened in my area, and even if I'm not a cupcake fan except for "My Delight Cupcakery", I thought it was my duty to investigate.

I walked in there 2 weeks ago and it looked like a regular cupcake store. Nothing looked exciting so I asked the girl behind the counter what were their specialties and instead of educating me and try to entice me to their best sellers, she unenthusiastically said: "There's a list of all our flavors" as she pointed to their brochures.

I asked if they had bacon cupcakes and she said yes. I couldn't find bacon cupcakes on the brochure and idiot me didn't see it listed as Hot Cakes n Bacon.  They were just coming out of the oven so I bought one.  Got in my car; couldn't wait till I got home so I started eating it.  I found it to be too, too sweet. It did not even come close to the bacon cupcakes of "My Delight Cupcakery".



They do have a lot of flavors and cute names like Black Tie Affair which is rich chocolate-espresso ganache with vanilla frosting or Happy Monkey which is a chocolate cake with a creamy banana filling, topped with banana frosting or Key Lime Pie, a tart Key Lime cake topped with creamy graham cracker frosting.  Their flavors are certainly not as different and exciting as Fried Chicken or French Toast Cupcakes but it will do for most people who love cupcakes.

Cuppies is located at 3525 Pacific Coast Highway #F in Torrance, California.

No comments:

Post a Comment