Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Biggest Donut Holes

So you think this is better than eating a donut.....well, maybe so but  I can't eat just one of these even if they are a lot bigger than your regular donut hole.
I am talking about my favorite Bacon Donuts from Cafe Dulce in downtown Los Angeles.  I have tried a few from different donuts stores but nothing really comes close.  My old problem was Cafe Dulce in Little Tokyo is not exactly close to where I live but I have resolved that. I found out through experimenting that I could freeze these big babies; wrapping them in wax paper then putting them in a zip lock bag.  To defrost, I microwave them 10-15 seconds, then heat them in a preheated oven 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes.  It comes out perfect!



I am curious to see if James, the owner would consider making the regular bacon donuts bigger; so as to be more accurate. The donut hole should really fit in the current donuts and I doubt the bacon donut hole would fit in the ones they have now. Oh, but James, don't even consider making them smaller just to make them fit!



No comments:

Post a Comment