Thursday, November 15, 2012

Delectable Cuisine at Livello

I got another one of those deals: 4-Course Dinner for 2 with a glass of wine for $105.00.  My friend Sandi and I first discovered Livello 4 months ago.  We had a wonderful experience that we couldn't wait to go back.  In August, I went back with some relatives from Boston and then again last month: a bunch with my girlfriends for Sunday Brunch. http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/07/livello.html
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/08/lovely-livello.html
http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2012/10/sunday-brunch-at-livello.html

I had purchased 2 vouchers for me and Sandi and the other one was for Cindy and my brother Gary. Sandi was planning to go even as she was trying to recover from the flu. At the last minute, she decided it would be best if I could find someone else to take her place. I asked my son Erik if he would be able to meet us at 6:30 p.m. and the answer was "Yes".  Nothing like a free gourmet dinner.

I was very happy to see Joseph the server, who was more like an old friend. He waited on us and it just made our dining experience more enjoyable. We all started with the Cucumber Sunomono; Sunomono meaning a variety of vinegar. It reminded me and my brother of how the Filipinos serve cucumbers which is essentially; vinegar, sugar and pepper. I liked this version better as the cucumbers were sliced very thin which gave it a more delicate consistency. The second course was the Veal Meatballs which were pickled  in cherry pepper reduction. When the meatballs were gone, the bowl still had some of the sauce. Luckily, we had not finished our second basket of good old french bread, so the bread readily soaked up the nice sauce.



For our entree, 3 of us decided on the Oxtail Tortelloni with Butternut Squash, Veal Sherry Reduction. Erik picked the Broiled Spicy Lemon Prawn with Stewed Mung Beans, Salsify Chips.  We all enjoyed our Tortelloni; loved how it was really aldente.
Erik looked at his impressive dish and commented: "It's just one prawn." At least it was a Big prawn. I didn't dare ask if I could try or the poor boy might have gone ballistic!



Before our final course, the executive chef, Joseph Elevado came to meet us. I asked him if it was true that he was leaving Livello and unfortunately he said yes.... He is moving to Las Vegas and opening a restaurant at the Wynn after the New Year.  It was great to finally meet him as we kept missing each other. Fortunately, Chef Benjamin Dayag is still there and will continue to be the chef.



For our finale, we had a choice of 2 desserts. The 3 of them ordered the Tiramisu. I ordered the Toasted Honey Panna Cotta with Champagne grapefruit, cashew and meringue. The tiramisu was good but my dessert was far better...refreshing and was a wonderful way to end my meal.


The dining room we normally have our dinner was occupied by a wine tasting party. We were in the room where the bar and fireplace is located. It was quite dark; that is why my picture with Chef Elevado was not clear.  The only reason the food pictures turned out is because I was equipped with my mini hallogen flashlight and both Cindy and Gary have been trained to hold the light while I take pictures. I thought it would be slightly embarrasing if one of them held the flashlight on us.

Sick Sandi feels a lot better today and wanted to know what she missed. I am afraid I will have to make another sacrifice and accompany her to Livello in the near future.  I think we will have to wait until we get back from Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment