Monday, November 19, 2012

The Eagles Have Landed

They are more like swans than eagles.  L'Amande Bakery in Torrance finally started making their long awaited (I have been waiting long) tarts.



These are not just beautiful but they are more than deeelicious. I have tried all of them except for the pistachio. I love them all, I truly do... but one really stands out.  That is the salted caramel chocolate almond. This is going to be among my last desserts if I were told I had one last meal before I die provided I am not on naso-gastric tube-feeding. I suppose I could have it pureed!

Try the chocolate truffle pie; I guarantee chocolate lovers will be ecstatic. The lemon tart has just the right tartness. The Swiss walnut has loads of walnuts in it and the cream on top complements the sweetness. The fresh fruit (strawberry) was perfect with the very light custard that brought out the sweetness of the fruit.



Don't be surprised if you get to the bakery and they're all gone, as my car tends to drive me there quite often.

2 comments: