Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Remembering Cinnabon

Yesterday, Veteran's Day, I went to Joanne's to buy 6 yards of black cord.  I was about to take a number when the lady before me handed me her number and said I could have hers.  It was #52 and they were currently serving #4!  Forget the cord.....so I wandered into the mall and came across Cinnabon and smelled the aroma that went straight to my brain.  How could I have forgotten my old flame?  There was a time that I would inhale the big cinnabon for breakfast quite often. That's when I gained some weight.

I was intrigued by what they called "Center of the Roll."  Who doesn't like the center of anything which is usually the best part. They had 2 kinds: one plain and one with pecans. I bought the one with the pecans for my sick friend. I had planned to give her some chicken soup but there was no soup in site. I got the plain one for me. These are smaller than the regular cinnabons but a lot bigger than the minibons.



This morning when I got back from the gym I thought it was a good time to wash my car for the extra calories to burn before I attack my "center of the roll." I microwaved it and it transformed into this edible-looking roll. Once transferred into a plate, I dissected it and had my first bite......the gooey cinnamon was delicious with my strong cup of Italian roast coffee.



I am thankful that Joanne's was a madhouse yesterday or I wouldn't have landed at Cinnabon. Note: My sick friend is still sick. Today, I finally brought her some chicken soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment