Sunday, November 11, 2012

Pistachio Croissant

I had forgotten how good the Pistachio Croissants are at L'Amande Bakery in Torrance.  It is hard for me to get something other than my favorite Raspberry Croissant, especially when you have them still warm and you see the raspberry cream when you pull it apart.

The other day, my aunt Evelyn came to visit all the way from San Diego. We met at the bakery and she wanted to know what she should get for breakfast the following day. She bought a variety of croissants and I talked her into buying the fresh scones (it was 3:00 pm and they had just come out of the oven).  The scones were to be delivered to a friend of hers. Needless to say, she enjoyed everything. The next day, she got the pistachio croissant and raved about it.  The following day after church, I went in and had the pistachio croissant for breakfast. Boy oh boy......it was verrrrry good.
I have to inform you that if you do not have the luxury of consuming what you buy in the same day, you can preheat your oven to 350 degrees and heat it for 3-4 minutes. The owners do not recommend it as they want us to eat everything fresh; but it's not a perfect world.



When you feel like doing your body good and not sacrifice the pleasure of eating something delicious, try them.  I read about a research at Pennsylvania State University that pistachios reduced the levels of LDL (cholesterol) while  increasing antioxidant levels.  So, in Karina's world, this is a very good thing!

1 comment:

  1. Love these too and the hazelnut chocolate ones. Honestly there is nothing there at l'Amande that I don 't love! Thanks for reminding me to revisit these. Mary Martin

    ReplyDelete