Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Beef Tournado

We had our niece and her husband over for dinner the other night.  I served Beef Tournado which was Filet Mignon marinated in Bordelaise sauce and wrapped with a slice of thick bacon.  I had purchased these steaks from Specific Pacific Foods.  I have known Mark the owner for 15 years. He has an array of quality meats, seafoods, appetizers and desserts.
Visit his website at www.specificpacificfoods.com and prepare to salivate.

I baked these steaks and they turned out juicy and tender.  I had to unwrap the bacon as instructed and cooked it separate. It turned out perfect on top of mashed potatoes.
Since that was too simple, I decided to make Braised Carrots with Thyme. This was a recipe of Daniel Boulud; so I figured that I couldn't go wrong.



The recipe called for butter, carrots, garlic, thyme sprigs and chicken stock. After cooking the ingredients on the stove for about 10 minutes, I had to cover the carrots in parchment paper, cover the skillet with a lid and braise the carrots in the oven for 30 minutes until tender. At the end, I had to discard the thyme springs.



It was very good but I think I could have skipped the paper and braising. Simmering would have accomplished the same thing.  I don't know....but then again, I am not Daniel Boulud!

No comments:

Post a Comment