Thursday, November 29, 2012

Stella's Serious Italian Restaurant

My husband and I took a friend of ours to this restaurant in Dana Point, down south. We were not familiar with this restaurant. We had planned to go to Salt Creek Grill but they were not open for lunch and by 12:30 p.m. we were all starving and we ended up at this quaint Italian restaurant with a nice view of the ocean.

Among the 3 of us we ordered the Pizza Bianca, Linguini Bolognese and Ravioli di Morano. Before our entrees, we were served some focaccia bread which was quite good.
The Ravioli was stuffed with cheese and the spinach was scattered on top along with the basil and finely chopped shallots in a light vodka cream sauce. The spinach was almost an after thought. Bonnie was under the impression she was ordering a spinach ravioli (stuffed with spinach).  She had me try it and I was not impressed at all. The pizza was thin crust which is how we like our pizza, with homemade mozzarella, reggiano, ricotta di bufala, garlic and olive oil. I couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong with it. The combination of the mozzarella and ricotta just didn't do it for me. It was a bit heavy. I may be a spoiled as I know great mozzarella from Osteria Mozza or Obika. The linguini bolognese had a regular meat sauce with a couple of meatballs.  We ate it all as we were starving but it failed to wake up my palate. The food seemed to travel on a car pool lane (before transponders) just eager to get to it's destination.

\




So, my comment on Stella's Serious Italian Restaurant is:  SERIOUSLY????

No comments:

Post a Comment